Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yummy, yummy.....

I'll admit it. I'm addicted to fruit smoothies! Here's a very versatile recipe that's so, so easy. And of course, it's very yummy! This recipes makes enough for 2 large glasses, (because I have to share with hubby) or 4 smaller ones. Enjoy.....

Fruit Smoothie
1 cup yogurt, any flavor
1 large banana
1 cup whole strawberries
1 tablespoon milled flaxseed (optional)
Place in a blender or smoothie machine and blend until mixed.
Add 1-2 cups of ice (I like mine slushy!) and enough water (1/4 to 1/2 cup)
to blend until thick and to desired consistency.
Variations: Sometimes I add 2 bananas if I need to use some up quickly.
Add other fruits, fresh or canned to suit your taste. I've used blueberries,
pineapple & peaches. If using canned fruit, I use the fruit juice from the can
instead of adding extra water.

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest