Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Monday, January 12, 2009

Photo of the Day

Garage Door
(01-12-09)
I have to admit, I spend little time (almost none at all) thinking about my garage door. Until it doesn't work. And by "work" I mean, it won't open up when you push that little button that is adhered to your car visor. And it won't budge when you try pulling up on the outside handle. Dear hubby got to experience the "not gonna budge" garage door this weekend while I was gone to Texas. You see, we have so much stuff stored in our garage, only one vehicle will fit. Of course, that would be my car, because that's just the way it is. So, when I'm gone for the weekend, hubby likes to take advantage of the garage space and park his car inside. After 2 or 3 minutes of doing so, he heard a really loud "crash". Imagine him thinking one of the kids had crashed into the garage door! He ran outside to check the damage, no car in sight. He went into the garage and found that the spring that helps "lift" the garage door had broken and uncoiled. Now his car was safe inside the garage, so safe--it might be there for a while. He managed to pry the door up very slightly, place the car jack underneath to help lift it a bit, then went back outside to heave it up the rest of the way. His car is now parked outside and the garage door company is on their way to replace the spring. I continue to be grateful, even for the little things. Things like the garage door opener!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest