Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Photo of the Day

Deda's Coffee Cake Recipe
(01-01-09)

I remember my mom making this simple, yummy coffee cake when I was growing up. I usually get hungry for it around the holidays. It's a great comfort food for me. The original recipe follows, with my additions in parentheses.
Mix 3/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup shortening (I use my pastry blender)
Add 1 egg, mix well
Stir in 1/2 to 1 cup milk (I add 3/4 cup)
Add 2 teas. baking powder and 1/2 teas. salt (I use 1/4 teas.)
Mix well. (I layered half of the batter into a 9x9 inch glass pan, sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon, then added the rest of the batter.) Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Add butter and cinnamon on top while still hot. (I rubbed the top of the cake with butter until melted and then sprinkled it with cinnamon/sugar mixture.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest