Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A word (or two) about cookies....




I love cookies! I love to bake them, smell them, eat them, share them. There's just something very comforting to me about cookies. Home-baked ones, of course. Now don't get me wrong, store bought will do in a pinch. (Uh, think Robin + Famous Amos!) But seriously, there's just something really special about a warm, gooey, fresh out-of-the oven cookie! Do you ever bake cookies on a Saturday morning and find them all gone by the end of the day? Yeah, me too. One of my favorite cookie cookbooks is "Betty Crocker's Cooky Book". It's a softbound, 156 page treasure! I'm not sure how long I've owned it, at least 20 years. I remember buying it at a school book fair one year when I was teaching. You can tell by the worn cover how much it has been used! It's my favorite go-to recipe book when I'm looking for something sweet to bake. Some of our family favorites come from this book, like Spritz Cookies and Snickerdoodles. I should have these recipes memorized, I've made them so many times. But you can tell by the stained, worn pages that I still turn to them over and over again. My favorite time of the year to bake is during the holidays, and that time has arrived. Since we're expecting a new grandbaby this holiday season, I'm trying to be more prepared by baking ahead of time and freezing what I can. Guess what I baked today? How 'bout I show you in my next post! Hubby is working on my computer, so I haven't had the chance to load my pics today. Yeah, cookies!!!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest