Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Monday, December 8, 2008

A Little Yarn...

I mentioned in a previous post about finding a cute little knit shop when we went to Eureka Springs for our anniversary. The tiny shop butted up against the drive beside our cottage. I had just enough room between the side of the building and the passenger's side of the car to get into our vehicle.

The owner was so sweet and helpful. She showed me around and gave me time to browse. There was even a large, comfy "hubby" chair with reading material to keep my other half happy and occupied while I was drooling over all of the colors and textures on the shelves. One of my purchases is pictured above. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I really liked the colors and the "thick and thin" texture of the yarn. I ended up knitting a very quick scarf using a ribbing stitch, then I added some fringe at the ends to show off the reason why I purchased it in the first place.
I bought the cool needles there, too. Aren't they fun?! After knitting a couple of evenings in a row, this is what I came up with. I've already worn it to work twice, it keeps me extra toasty!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest