Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bet ya can't eat just one.....

This is my all time favorite cookie, the Spritz. A double-batch is sharing space in the freezer with the Snickerdoodles and the Chocolate, Chocolate Chip. I just hope I can save them long enough to share them with my family at Christmas time. If I eat them now, that would defeat the purpose of "baking ahead", right? This recipe came from "Betty Crocker's Cooky Book." It's an easy one to double!
SPRITZ COOKIES
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/12 tsp. salt
1 tsp. almond flavoring
2 1/4 cups flour
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix butter, sugar, eggs, salt, and flavoring thoroughly. Work in flour. Using 1/4 dough at a time, force dough through a cooky press on ungreased baking sheet in desired shapes. Bake 6 to 9 minutes, or until set but not brown. Makes about 5 dozen cookies. Enjoy!


No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest