Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cookie Time!


One of my favorite cookies, to eat and to bake, is Snickerdoodles. They're easy and quick, use regular ingredients I always have on hand, and they freeze well. Snickerdoodles are always included in my holiday baking and are a big hit when we go on car trips, especially our annual "Girl's Trip". The following recipe was taken from my "Betty Crocker's Cooky Book" I mentioned in my previous post.

SNICKERDOODLES

1 cup shortening (part butter or margarine)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cram of tartar
1 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs thoroughly. Blend flour, cream of tartar, soda, and salt; stir in. Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll in mixture of 2 tbsp. sugar and cinnamon. Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 min. These cookies puff up at first, then flatten out. Makes 6 dozen cookies. Note: You can use self-rising flour, just omit cream of tartar, soda, and salt. If the bottom of the cookies are browning too fast (because of the cinnamon) turn oven down 10-15 degrees after the first batch. Enjoy!


No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest