- Nice hotel, gated, full of security (the photo above is in the lobby)
- Traffic is crazy, everyone drives by their own rules, lots of honking, gesturing, stopping and going, bulls walking on the sidewalk right beside traffic
- Motorcycles weaving in and out of traffic between vehicles, all in a hurry
- Had a bacon cheeseburger at one of the hotel restaurants, it was made with top sirloin and thick-cut bacon, like canadian bacon
- He had been warned before traveling, about the water--DON'T DRINK IT! DON'T GET IT IN YOUR EYES! So, they told them not to expect ice. He ordered coke with his hamburger and they brought it to the table and poured it over a glass of ice. He was quick to ask about how safe it was. He was informed that it would be fine, served from the hotel. So---he drank away!
He should be able to email me from work now on a daily basis. We probably won't talk on the phone everyday--quite expensive! So I'll update as soon as I hear from him again.