Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Monday, November 17, 2008

In Mumbai...

I received a simple text message on my phone at 8:42 p.m. (Monday night) that read, "In hotel". It is now 8:27 a.m. on Tuesday morning in Mumbai. I can only assume that the quick, short and simple message means, "I'm here, I'm fine, and I'm exhausted, I'm going to bed!" He has been traveling for 38 hours since he left Oklahoma early Sunday morning. I think it's safe to say he deserves a real bed and a really long nap! He mentioned in an earlier text that the food and service has been great on the long flight, but his reclining seat was way too short!!

While he's been gone:
  • I worked at the office this morning until 12:30 p.m.
  • I kept looking at the clock today in my scrapbook room, beginning at 5:00 p.m. when he is supposed to get off work. Sometimes it is much later than that, but I'm programmed to start listening for my "phone call" any time after that. You know the call, the one that really means, "Honey, I'm on my way home, what's for dinner?"
  • I scrapbooked. I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished while he is away. I'm not a night owl at all--but it's harder for me to go to sleep when he isn't here.
  • I made blueberry muffins from a mix, and added a very ripe banana that I had on the cabinet. I can't seem to sit still for very long. Oh, by the way, they are yummy!
  • I talked to Caleb on the phone for a bit. He calls to get cooking advice. His question of the night? "Christy's making cookies, but we don't have sticks of butter--how much would that be?" Oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies, wish I was there for one of those, too!
  • Did some laundry. (that's a given, right?)
  • Cooked a hamburger for dinner, only because I have left over meat thawed out and needed to cook it, or throw it out tomorrow. Kelsey's been busy with friends tonight, so I didn't even have to cook for her.
  • Began to go through a mile high stack of magazines I've been saving up. Time to recycle!
  • More scrapbooking...

Just got an updated text, "I'm OK, tired, need shower. Call u when go to work tonite. Luv u 2!" Yeah! That means I'll get to talk to him on the phone sometime tomorrow morning!

Hope all is well with everyone. Will update soon. Off to do some knitting...

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest