Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

One more chance...

Crawford Market (above)
Since Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Mumbai, there will be no turkey dinner for hubby. At least that is what he was told. But, slipped under his door this morning was a note from the hotel that they would be serving a holiday dinner. So, maybe he'll get some turkey after all. Just in case, I've been informed to freeze a nice portion of our feast for him to enjoy when he returns home. Since the offices will be closed here in the United States on Thursday, the offices in Mumbai will not be open either, all of the correspondence is routed through the U.S. system. They've promised him (with the rest of his group) a day trip on Thursday, a shopping excursion hopefully, since they will all be off work. He isn't for sure what is planned, but they are scheduling a trip into the city. He's really looking forward to it, so I hope he sees a lot more than he did last weekend. Can't wait to hear about it!!


Off to create my turkey brine. I found a new recipe that includes oranges, limes, and lemons. hope it taste as good as it sounds. Last year was the first time I used a brine, and I purchased a mixture from Williams Sonoma--it's a lot of work, but worth it. Just a little more challenging for me this year since hubby isn't here to help me lift the 22 pound turkey in and out of the fridge, and then in and out of the oven. I'll let you know how it turns out...

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest