Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Excursion cancelled...

Hubby is safe, thank you, thank you! My daughter called me at noon today as I was driving home from the office. She wanted to inform me of the situation in Mumbai. After several phone calls, I finally got to talk to my husband. Since they are staying on the outskirts of town, they are about 40 miles from the city area. The office where he is working is about 15 miles from the hotel. His office sent one of their guards with the car that takes them back and forth to work. Remember the jammed traffic he's been reporting? Well, on the way back to the hotel, he said the roads were empty!

The Taj restaurant that was attacked is where they had dinner Saturday night! They were planning on going back today for a shopping trip. Needless to say, the trip into the city has been cancelled. He'll spend his Thanksgiving Day at the hotel, hopefully enjoying a real turkey dinner from one of the restaurants there. He's even considering a massage. I think he deserves one, don't you? The hotel where he is staying is fenced and heavily guarded. They even use an x-ray machine to check bags and briefcases, just like they do at the airports for security. Extra guards are also at all of the entrances of the hotel. He reassures me that they are taking extra security precautions. For that, I am very thankful.

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest