Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

another update...

Since he hasn't sent any pictures to me yet, I'm imagining his description of traffic to look something like the image above (borrowed from a google search). Or maybe it looks something like this,

in any event, I wouldn't want to be going anywhere in a hurry! More insights:

  • He got to tour the building where he is working, it is 6-7 stories high, with several different companies housed there
  • He's sleeping during the daytime, and working at night
  • He mentioned not being able to take his breakfast back to his room to eat because the maid service was cleaning his room, I said, "Oh that's nice, you have someone to clean up and make the bed for you", he said, "Yeah, just like I do at home." Duh--I do make the bed every morning, don't I?
  • He explored a bit more around the hotel and saw several shops there, he mentioned a book store, home decor and a fabric store. Didn't take the time to buy anything yet. It's not like he didn't have a chance, he said they were waiting at the entrances of the shops greeting him, trying to lure him in and begin "haggling" over prices. Wouldn't it be nice to go into Target and "haggle" with the sales clerk until you were happy with the amount you were paying!!!
  • The weather is VERY humid. Lots of mosquitoes.
  • Time correction. I mentioned the difference was 10 1/2 hours, it is actually 11 1/2 hours later than we are.
  • Believe it or not, they brought in Papa John's pizza for lunch at work. It was chicken pizza, with lots of hot, Indian spices!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest