Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Monday, November 17, 2008

Mumbai, India, here he comes...



On his way to India...

Roger had the opportunity to travel to Mumbai (formally known as Bombay), India with his job. His journey began Sunday 16th, at 8:00 a.m. He flew out of OKC, since we were already there for a family event. Thankfully, the hotel where we were staying took him to the airport so I wouldn't have to get up at 6:00 a.m. to drop him off. Thank you, Roger! He first flew to Dallas to meet up with 2 other people that were traveling with him. A quick phone call after 9:00 a.m. let me know he had arrived there safely. With 5 hours to wait until the next flight, he read the paper, got some breakfast, and just hung around. It's fun to "people watch" at the airport, ya know?! The second flight, going to San Francisco left around 2:00 p.m. Almost 4 hours later, he arrived in California. Another wait... It was around 9:00 p.m. when they finally lifted off from there to fly to Shanghai. A quick text message let me know he had landed safely in Shanghai around 10:41 a.m. today (Monday), our time. I think they were only laying over for about 2 hours. Hopefully, he is back on the plane for the last flight, landing in Mumbai later tonight. He should arrive there around 9:00 p.m., our time. India is in their own time zone, which is 10 1/2 hours ahead of us. So, after 4 flights and 2 days of travel, I'm sure my guy will be a tired puppy! I just can't imagine--everyone that knows me, knows I am not a very good traveler, especially flying! I'm really excited that he has the opportunity to go---we certainly wouldn't have ever planned a trip like that together!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest