Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year...

It's been a great day for me. It seems like the first time in forever that I woke up without a migraine, and I haven't had a headache all day, woohoo! I had been having more and more debilitating migraines this past year, and I was absolutely ready to throw in the towel. Thankfully, a new doctor and some new tests found what we figured was probably causing the problem. I have degenerative discs in my neck and spine-and not just kinda-but very much so...My physician thought I might benefit from steroid injections in my neck, not exactly something I wanted to do, but I was willing to try almost anything because the pain has been so great. Migraines and middle school students are not a good mix, so I needed to do something. So, fast forward to yesterday-hubby took me in to have the pain management physician give me the injections. After we got home I started feeling a headache creeping in...I was so disappointed, but thought maybe I was dehydrated since I couldn't drink my usual glass of water when I got up that morning. I decided to take a nap to see if that would help. In a couple of hours I woke up with a horrible migraine, so I had to take meds and lay around the rest of the evening. I didn't even get to enjoy my yearly glass of champagne to celebrate the new year...I did manage to stay up until midnight, though. The doctor told us it could take 2-3 days, or even up to 10 days to see if the injections offered any relief. I've decided I'm going to take today as a great sign-a sign that I will have fewer migraines this year. And, I loved getting to spend  New Year's Day without a headache, able to do some of the things I really enjoy, especially when we are out of school and I have extra time at home.
 
I was so excited to try out my new mixer and pasta cutter that I spent the day in the kitchen baking apple cake and fresh pasta. I'm happy to report that they were both a big success.
 

 
I think I need to invest in a drying rack for my pasta--I didn't have anywhere else to put it!
 
I also got my first layout of the new year completed today...from pictures I took of the ice a couple of weeks ago. It felt so good to have some creative time today. I hope I get to do the same thing tomorrow. I'm thinking it would smell really good to have some fresh bread baking in the oven...
          I want to wish everyone a joyous and happy New Year!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest