Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Window...

This is one of Marley's favorite spots in the house. She loves to look out the window and watch for something to fuss at. She might see another dog across the street, birds flying from tree to tree, deer strolling through the yard, or squirrels scurrying around looking for food. She also watches for a familiar car when she knows one of us should be returning home for the day. I don't know why she thinks she is in charge of the front yard. It's like she thinks she has been promoted to "yard police." This room also happens to be where all of my crafting/scrapbooking goes on. So, if I'm doing something at my desk she stays in the room with me. She's like my shadow, following at my heels at all times. Seriously, if I walk into the kitchen to get something to drink-she has to go with me.
I have to admit, this is one of my favorite rooms, too. And I like the big window, probably for the same reason Marley does. It lets a lot of natural light into the room and I enjoy looking out into the front yard. In fact, if I can't see out I get very claustrophobic...Side note-that's one reason why I can't join the other teachers in the teacher's lounge for lunch---there are NO windows!
The window also sits close to the floor, it's easy for her to park herself on the sill and hang out. 
She can police the front yard and the inside of the house, all at the same time!

Funny story- look closely at her back. She looks really dirty, doesn't she? I don't usually let her look that bad before taking her to the Spa to get cleaned up, but..........one night not too long after she came home from being all fancied up I was trying to open a bottle of flavored balsamic vinegar. It had a cork in it and I couldn't get it loosened up, so I gave it to hubby to open for me. Remember, I told you Marley likes to follow me like she's my shadow. So, of course she was parked right at my feet. When the cork finally let loose, hubby wasn't quite prepared for it to open and he accidentally slung the bottle around and the dark, sticky, syrupy vinegar went everywhere! The rug was easy to clean, just throw it in the washer, no problem. But Marley, not so easy. It stuck on her like glue. Poor thing, guess I should be calling to make her an appointment soon:-)

Another post will be coming soon highlighting a new project I have been working on, can't wait to show you--it was so much fun.....and easy, too!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest