Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Productive Weekend...

I had plans this weekend to get my scrap table refreshed with a new coat of paint. I had hubby help me move it to the kitchen on Friday night so I could get started. I knew it would need a couple of coats and I wanted it put back together before I had to go to work on Monday morning. You can see the dark red that was the original color, along with the mars and scratches it inherited over several years of scrapping and crafting. The turquoise color looks lighter here with just one coat of paint. It's actually the same color that I used last summer to paint my dining room chairs. You can see a bit of the chair in the lower left of the pic.


Here it is the next day with two coats of paint...looking much better.


I also painted a couple of bulletin boards and a few frames that had the same dark red color as the table...and as I get everything put back into my scrap room, the brighter color makes me happy!




I promise it won't look this organized for long.

Another thing I wanted to get done this weekend was to make a pound cake. It's one of my favorite sweets. I've tried several recipes over the years and don't ever seem to stick with the same one for more than 2 or 3
times before I see another recipe I want to try. They've all been good and tasty, I just like to try new recipes. This one I found on Pinterest, and it was yummy!



I think adding the fruit is a nice touch, don't you? It makes the entire plate seem more healthy. Now, off to work on some layouts and try out my newly brightened space...



No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest