Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Thursday, November 12, 2009

that smile....


My baby girl, now a senior. What can I say? The last of 4 is about to leave the nest and I'm not sure if I will know how to act. I've been raising children for 36 years, I'm not sure I know how to stop. I'm excited for her, of course, but know it will be another adjustment for me. Guess that sounds selfish, doesn't it? As much as I will enjoy having her room spotless--because I will be in total control of it (hee, hee)--there are still things I will dearly miss......
not having to wake her up several times each morning to get her out of bed...
hearing her in the kitchen cooking Ramen noodles...
watching her play and cuddle with the kitty...
listening to her animated conversations on the phone...
empty hangers in my closet where she has "borrowed" a piece of my clothing...
numerous pairs of sandals waiting at the front door...
Wednesday night dinners together at Senor Salsa...
She has started working on her college application forms, so it makes it seem like its really going to happen. Its easy to be in denial--it makes it easier to handle as a mother. Guess its time for me to "grow up", huh? Kelsey, I'm proud of you and know you will do well, whatever you decide to do. I know you'll make it happen.
Love you, Mom

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest