Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What is this?

Guess What This Is?
(04-26-09)
I wanted to try another bread recipe. This one is Ciabatta Bread, also named Italian Slipper Bread. Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue. Anyway, you have to prepare a sponge a day ahead to use in the mixture. Easy enough. That's what you see pictured above. You just let it set at room temperature for 12-24 hours before you plan on baking the bread.
Here is the final result. It isn't fancy, a very casual form--you just shape it with your hands. The dough is really sticky, not like most yeast breads where you knead in more flour. This isn't even "kneaded", just stirred, even though it's a very thick dough. It ended up making 2 loaves, crispy chewy crust, very light center. YUM!!!! We're going to enjoy the second loaf tonight with a chef's salad. If you're interested in the recipe, leave me a comment, or email me and I'll send it your way.


No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest