Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

...more quilting and off to dallas!!!

I have had so much fun lately with fabrics. I've returned to one of my long lost loves, sewing and quilting. It was one of my fave hobbies that received very little attention during my several years of the famous "scrapbooking venture" with my sis. I must say, I've missed quilting. The soothing effects of the monotonous, tiny, hand stitching relaxes me. And, to prove how serious I am, I took my sewing machine in today to be cleaned and serviced. It hasn't been properly cleaned in more than 10 years!
I have missed stepping into fabric stores and viewing all of the different colors, patterns, and designs of material. There is so much out there, I feel like I've been missing out. Maybe that's why I have way too many projects going on in various states of completion right now. I'm sure having fun, though!
This little table topper was stitched completely by hand, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The fabric is from a line by Camille Roskelley, Bliss. I used pieces from a jellyroll, pre-cut strips---makes the process go a lot quicker. I love the colors she puts together, and her sweet, simple style.
The backing is fabric I had left over from Grayson's 1st birthday party favors I made. I've used it to finish off several projects, guess I over-bought! I'm enjoying the finished product and have plans to make many more.
Early tomorrow morning Kelsey and I are headed to Carrollton to stay with the little ones while the little ones' parents go on their anniversary trip. This will be the first time G & M will be in school while we are there. So......you can bet I have my "stitching" packed up to go with me!
"Happy Fall Break"

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest