Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Monday, October 24, 2011

I'm back...

I'm back, but look what I had to  leave behind--I miss these boys already!
We  had so much fun hanging out together...
They are so funny and sweet, there was never a dull moment.
And I must say, they are growing up way, way too fast.
And, they love to mess with me when they see me trying to take pictures!
But, I just keep snapping away---then I'm pleasantly surprised when I go through to edit all the shots I took.
Can't wait to see them again!

Along with pics of my darling grandchildren, here is a quick shot of our dinner tonight. I found a recipe for Freezer Burritos and wanted to try it out since me and hubby both take our lunch to work everyday. I'm posting the original recipe and noting my changes in parenthesis. Here is the link to see more info on the original recipe.

Freezer-Friendly Bean and Rice Burritos
Easy individually-wrapped bean and rice burritos for the freezer! These burritos are simple and delicious!   Yield: 8 burritos (My recipe made 10, probably because I added chicken breasts)
Ingredients:
***I added 2 cut up chicken breast from a roasted chicken from the Deli (Wal-Mart)*** 
4 cups cooked pinto beans (I used one can of pinto beans)
4 cups cooked rice (I used brown rice)
4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese
Salt, to taste (I didn't add any extra salt)
Hot sauce, optional (I added 4 tablespoons of Picante Sauce)
8 burrito-size flour tortillas (Mine filled 10)
Sour cream or hot sauce, for serving
Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, beans, rice, cheese, and some splashes of hot sauce (if using).
2. Spread about 1 1/2 cups of the beans and rice mixture on each tortilla. Fold into burritos (see below). Wrap individually in pieces of foil.
3. Place foil-wrapped burritos in a gallon-size freezer Ziplock bag, removing excess air if possible. Label with name and date. Freeze for up to 6 months (if tightly wrapped).
See a photo tutorial for this recipe here!
Reheating instructions:
From frozen: Place frozen burritos a few inches apart directly on oven rack. Turn oven on to 375 degrees and bake for 35-40 minutes, until hot inside. Serve with sour cream or hot sauce!
From thawed (or freshly made): Place burritos a few inches apart directly on oven rack. Turn oven on to 375 degrees and bake for 25 minutes, until hot inside. Serve with sour cream or hot sauce!

These were a hit! I will definately be making them again, and super simple!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest