Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

.....inspiration and a "ta-dah"

While it was cold and snowy and looked liked this outside my kitchen window, I was curled up with a blanket on the couch
devouring each and every page of this book and getting more and more inspired by the moment. I haven't quilted in a long time and the pics in this book made me anxious to start another small project. Sooooo, out came the fabric scraps and away I go!
I had forgotten how fun it was to arrange colorful fabric squares together, just like piecing together a puzzle. And I had so much fun with these colors!
The plan was to make a new table runner for the dining room table. Most of the projects in the book were sewn by machine, but I love to hand quilt so all of mine were pieced by hand. Besides, it gave me something fun to do while waiting for the snow to melt.
Here are all of the strips pieced and ready to sew together.
And, I just finished quilting and binding it today!

I love it! And, it was so much fun--I'm trying to decide on another project to start.


The backing of the quilt was some leftover fabric I used to make crayon rolls for Grayson's 1st birthday, for party favors. The colors were perfect!



Off to pick out my next project!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest