Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Apple Dumplings Supreme

By request, I'm adding the recipe for Apple Dumplings. I got the recipe out of a Quilter's Recipe Book I have had for years. Along with my favorite cookie recipe book, it's one of my all time faves. The recipes all call for common ingredients you most likely would have on hand in your kitchen, and the recipes always turn out yummy!
Apple Dumplings Supreme
Pastry:
2 1/4 cups sifted flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup shortening
5 T cold water
(I cheated, I used refrigerated pre-made dough)
Apples:
6 medium tart apples
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 T butter
Syrup:
1 cup sugar
2 cups water
4 T water
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

1. To prepare pastry sift together flour and salt. Cut in shortening. Add cold water and form into a ball. Roll dough out into large rectangle and cut into 6 equal squares.
2. Peel and core apples. Place whole apple in center of each square.
3. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and fill cavity of each apple with this mixture.
4. With water moisten 4 points of each pastry square and bring opposite points up over apple, overlapping them. Seal well. Arrange about 2 inches apart in 9" X 13" baking pan.
5. To prepare syrup combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Pour hot syrup over apples.
6. Bake at 425* for 40-45 minutes.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest