Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Friday, April 1, 2016

YL Oily Bath Salts

YL Oily Bath Salts

I absolutely love using my Young Living Essential Oils. Very slowly I am reading, learning, using, and enjoying the many benefits one can gain while trying to lead a more healthy and natural lifestyle. As I continue on my journey trying different oils, naturally I am ending up with some empty oil bottles, and that's a good thing!! That means I'm finding great uses for the oils, using them everyday, and finding out which ones are my faves. I've discovered a fun way to s-t-r-e-t-c-h my dollars to make sure I use every single drop out of each bottle. In the beginning I was simply displaying the empty bottles in a glass jar because I thought they looked cute. I knew I could recycle them in some form and didn't want to throw them out. After all, they still smelled really good when the cap was opened up!! Recently I read where you could use them to make scented bath salts so I decided to try it out. I took my empty bottles I had used up so far...
...opened up the bottles and took off the caps and removed the plastic droppers...
...added some bath salts into the bottom of a jar...
...placed all of the small pieces and the bottles into the salts...

...and then layered in more salt, and kept adding the bottles until they were all inside the jar...

...finally I added salt to fill the rest of the jar and put the lid on top...
I will wait for a week or two and let the salt absorb all of those yummy scents, and then I will be left with some amazing bath salts!! I can't wait to try them out.

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest