Create your dreams every day...

Create your dreams every day...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

......kelsey's pick

Kelsey loves to read cookbooks as much as I do. She recently looked through my newest one and quickly found something she wanted to try. Sometimes she likes to cook, sometimes it's a request for ME to make it. This was a very simple dessert to make and very, very yummy---especially "hot out of the oven". Give it a try, it's quick and easy.

Easy Cherry Cobbler

1 can (20 ounce) cherry pie filling

1/4 teaspoon almond extract

2 cups biscuit/baking mix

(I used Bisquick)

2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided

1/2 cup milk

2 tablespoons margarine, melted

In a large bowl, combine pie filling and extract, spread into a 9" deep-dish pie pan. Bake uncovered, at 400* for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the baking mix and 2 tablespoons sugar. In another bowl, combine the milk and margarine. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Drop the dough by spoonfuls over the warmed pie filling. Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 400* for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Serve warm.

It was even good the next morning for breakfast, warmed in the microwave:) I think I'll try apple pie filling next time, yum!!! Let me know if you give it a try!!!

No comments:

Follow me on Pinterest